Inclusivity and diversity walk hand in hand
Loyola's Jesuit education is a premium college experience that combines reflection and action; thinking about what is just and using each individual's talents to improve the world. Our graduates are part of a global network of more than a million Jesuit alumni and are ready for fulfilling lives of leadership and service.
Loyola is a place where academically talented students thrive. It ranks as one of the nation's top Fulbright producers and among the best regional universities in the South. Students across all academic programs -- from scientists to musicians to entrepreneurs to lawyers -- use their talents to improve people's lives, both locally and globally.
Loyola New Orleans is highly recognized for its culturally diverse and welcoming community—and we hope that you will join us soon.
Center for International Education
Whether you are coming to Loyola for a degree or just one semester, we will help you make the most of your experience at Loyola, the beautiful city of New Orleans, and the U.S.
The staff of the Center for International Education (CIE) is here to help you and provides the following programs and services specifically designed for the international student:
• International student orientation
- Assistance with all immigration matters, including the Visa application process
- Advising on cultural, linguistic, academic, financial, immigration, or personal questions
- Administration of health insurance for international students
- Organizing international festivals, cultural activities, and excursions to tourist sites
About our Pilot Program
Loyola offers conditional admission to international students who are academically admissible to the university but fall below the minimum English proficiency requirements.
About our Loyola Intensive English Program
Students who are interested in attending Loyola to study English as their second language may be qualified for our Loyola Intensive English Program (LIEP).
How to Apply
• Complete Loyola’s free online application or the Common Application
• Submit original secondary school transcripts
• Submit official TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, or ACT scores
• Submit one letter of recommendation
• Submit the Affidavit of Support and copy of your passport photo page
International students are considered for merit-based scholarships with a completed application and the submission of a valid SAT or ACT score. Scholarships range from $2,000 to full tuition.