of your career.
Master of Criminology & Justice (Online)
As a leader in the criminal justice field, you will be able to turn your passion for social justice into a career – actively working to make the world a safer, more just place. To achieve a high-level position in the field and make the biggest impact, you will likely need a master’s degree in criminal justice or master’s in criminology and justice. Responding to this need for professionally trained criminal justice administrators, planners, and researchers, Loyola University New Orleans offers a 100% online master of criminology and justice.
Additional Dual Degree Options:
- Master of Criminology & Justice / Master of Pastoral Studies (M.C.J. / M.P.S.)
- Master of Criminology & Justice / Master of Science in Counseling (M.C.J. / M.S.C.)
Quick Admissions for LOYNO Students
Are you a current LOYNO graduating senior? You may be eligible for the auto [expedited] admit program. To learn more, click here.
Online Master of Criminology and Justice Curriculum
The online criminal justice master’s degree is a convenient program that can be completed in one year. It is designed to serve students directly from the completion of their undergraduate studies or those returning to advance their education after beginning their careers. In addition to a variety of specialty criminal justice and criminology courses, students in the online master’s in criminology program will improve their academic writing and develop advanced research methodology and data analysis skills.
Master of Criminology and justice
Loyola’s online Master of Criminology & Justice consists of 30 credit hours:
- CRIM A700: Theories of Criminal Behavior (3 credits)
- CRIM A705: Seminar in Criminal Justice (3 credits)
- CRIM A710: Research and Statistical Methods (3 credits)
- CRIM A712: Graduate Statistics (3 credits)
- CRIM A718: Seminar in Criminal Justice Administration (3 credits)
- CRIM A800: Selected Problems in Criminal Justice (3 credits)
- CRIM A805: Program Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation (3 credits)
- CRIM A850: Seminar in Criminology (3 credits)
- CRIM A893: Directed Readings in Criminology and Criminal Justice (3 credits)
- CRIM A900: Master’s Research and Practicum (3 credits)
Check out the University Bulletin to view further curriculum information and download a degree worksheet for the online Master of Criminology and Justice program.
What can you do with a master's in criminology and justice?
Discover your full potential.
Loyola’s 100% online master’s degree in criminal justice will prepare you with the skills and knowledge needed to advance in a wide range of careers that contribute to a safer world, including:
- CIA Agent
- Criminal Profiler
- Police Sergeant
- Federal Protective Service Officer
- Victim Advocate
- Criminal Systems Reform
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Emergency Manager
- Intelligence Analyst
- Community Program Liaison
- Mental Health Advocate
- Police Administrator
- Specialty Court Liaison
- Victim-Witness Liaison
- Youth Programs Specialist
- Security Manager
"14th best criminology masters in the nation."
– College Choice