Theme: Seek Joy!
Dates: November 6-12
Loyola annually honors and celebrates its Jesuit and Ignatian heritage during Loyola Week, which takes place this year
November 6-12. This year's theme is "Seek Joy!" Our theme comes from a student's incorrect answer to a quiz's extra-credit question about the meaning of S.J. (It stands for Society of Jesus and identifies a priest as a Jesuit.)
"Seek Joy!" is nonetheless an important goal in the life of faith. Events this Loyola Week will be Ignatian, enlightening, inspiring, and fun. They reflect the Ignatian commitment to cura personalis, care and concern for the whole person, and so they represent resources for flourishing in mind, body, and spirit.
Check out the Loyola Week Poster, Highlights and Jesuit/Ignatian Resources.
Loyola Week is sponsored by Student Life and Ministry, Catholic Studies, and the Office of Mission and Identity. For more information, please contact Jessica Brasseur at email@example.com.
Sunday, November 6
Standup Comedy with Fr. Jake Martin, S.J., 7:00pm, St. Charles Room
Opening Mass, 9:00pm, Ignatius Chapel
Monday, November 7
Loyola's Got Talent! Open Mic and Karaoke (and Saints watch!), 7:00 p.m. in Satchmo's downstairs in the Danna Center.
Tuesday, November 8 (no class today--make sure to vote!)
Students vs. Jesuit/Faculty/Staff Basketball Tournament, 2:00-4:00pm, The Den
Mass, 5:30pm, Ignatius Chapel
Magic Show with Fr. Pepe Ruiz, S.J., 6:30pm, Miller 114
Wednesday, November 9
- Worship Night with The Vigil Project
- 7:00: Eucharistic Procession
- 7:15: Inspirational Message
- 7:30: Worship
- Followed by a Late-Night, Breakfast!
Thursday, November 10
- Lunchtime "Jesuit-Themed Kahoot" with Prizes! 12:30, Miller 114
- Canes Chicken will be served!
Friday, November 11
- Wine-Down Faculty-Staff Conversation on Humor and Ignatian Spirituality. We'll discuss these articles (feel free to read as much or little as you'd like). It takes place 4:00-5:30 at the Jesuit Residence (6226 St. Charles Ave at the Corner of Calhoun).
Saturday, November 12
- Spiritual Companionship Workshop
- Wolves on the Prowl to support Iggy's Cupboard
*Schedule subject to change.
- ignatianspirituality.com and more on Ignatian spirituality, and more.
- Jesuit 101, part of The Jesuit Post
- How to Speak Ignatian
- Characteristics of Jesuit Higher Education
- Ignatian Solidarity Network--advocates for social justice animated by the spirituality of St. Ignatius of Loyola.
- Post-Graduate Jesuit Opportunity--Jesuit Volunteer Corps--"Dare to change!" "Join us in the fight for Justice!"
- Jesuit Jokes
- At Loyola