FaithActs Summer Youth Theology Institute
June 17–June 21
Through immersion in Southeast Louisiana, engagement with the relevant sciences, and an exploration of Christianity's rich biblical and theological traditions, participants will discern how they can be leaders in support of creation and environmental justice. They can also earn 3 college credits or 50 hours of service. Participants
- explore faith's implications for creation
- have immersion experiences in local wetlands and neighborhoods
- learn social analysis and theological reflection
- collaborate with high school students from across South Louisiana
- undertake community service
Faith Acts invites students to think theologically and explore answers to questions such as:
- What does faith require of us with regard to creation and environmental justice?
- What is God's will with and for us?
- What am I called to create?
We invite you to share in the great work of strengthening your faith, exploring your true self, asking big questions, and leading the future!