A Time for Change
A Message from the Alumni Association
As Loyola graduates, we experience this as a time of reflection and anxious prayer – and as a time that begs for action and change. Jesuit-educated, we recognize the events of the past weeks as a consequence of centuries of violence against African Americans.
We are reminded of the Jesuit principle of special concern for the oppressed. How can we bring this principle into our lives in a meaningful way at this time?
We invite you to explore the resources below:
- President Tetlow's recent message to the campus community
- The SGA President's statement on recent events
- The Jesuit Social Research Institute's collection of articles and films about racism
- Racial justice resources from the Ignatian Solidarity Network
- The Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities' statement on racial violence
As a community of hope, Loyola University seeks solutions and paths for action. Please join us in making a commitment to work for racial justice.