Post-Master’s Certificate in Nurse-Midwifery
Gain specialized skills and expand your professional opportunities with a post-master’s certificate (PMC) in nurse-midwifery at Loyola University New Orleans.
This program is ideal for advanced practice nurses with an MSN or DNP degree in a different specialization who are interested in nurse-midwifery. Graduates will be prepared to provide advanced level care to women and individuals across the lifespan.
Students in Loyola’s PMC program complete didactic coursework synchronously online, combined with at least 910 supervised clinical hours in direct patient care. In addition to the nurse-midwifery specialization, Loyola also offers a family nurse practitioner post-master’s certificate program.
The Loyola University New Orleans PMC Nurse-Midwifery concentration is pre-accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, 8403 Colesville Road, Suite 1550, Silver Spring, MD 20190, www.midwife.org/acme
PMC – Nurse-Midwifery Curriculum
Loyola’s nurse-midwifery program director will complete a gap analysis with each applicant to develop an individualized plan of study for the PMC program. The total number of required credit hours will depend on the applicant’s previous academic experience. The program requires 910 supervised clinical hours.
Core Nurse-Midwifery Courses
- Midwifery: Past, Present, and Future (2 credits)
- Advanced Health Assessment for Nurse-Midwifery (1 credit)
- Gynecologic, Reproductive, and Sexual Health (3 credits)
- Primary Care of Women Through the Lifespan for Nurse-Midwifery (3 credits)
- Antepartum Care for Nurse-Midwifery (3 credits)
- Antepartum, Gynecologic, and Primary Care Practicum for Nurse-Midwifery (4 credits)
- Nurse-Midwifery Skills for the Intrapartum, POstpartum, and Neonatal Periods (1 credit)
- Intrapartum and Postpartum Care for Nurse-Midwifery (3 credits)
- Practicum for Intrapartum, Postpartum, and Neonatal Care for Nurse-Midwifery (4 credits)
- Neonatal Care and Lactation for Nurse-Midwifery (1 credit)
- Advanced Integration of Nurse-Midwifery Care (5 credits)
- Nurse-Midwifery Transition to Professional Role and Practice (2 credits)
A master of science in nursing - nurse-midwifery degree is also available through Loyola’s School of Nursing. Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nurse-Midwifery Philosophy and Mission Statement
2022 - 2023 Loyola University New Orleans Policy on Non-Discrimination
View More Curriculum Information on the University Bulletin