Hours of Operation
Loyola University New Orleans officially moved to online instruction starting Monday, March 16.
Loyola University Police Department will remain open 24/7. Contact them at 504.865.3434. See FAQs from LUPD for more information.
These buildings will remain closed
- Thomas Hall
- Stallings Hall
- Bobet Hall (Open briefly on Sundays for morning Mass in Ignatius Chapel)
- Greenville Hall
- Whelan Child Care Center
- The Broadway campus, including the law library and the Stuart H. Smith Law Clinic and Center for Social Justice
- Recreational Sports Plex
- The J. Edgar & Louise S. Monroe Library
- Holy Name of Jesus Church (Learn more: https://www.hnjchurch.org/coronavirus-update)
- Residence Halls
- Iggy's Cupboard
The following dining options inside DSC will remain closed until further notice:
- Original Burger Company
- Smoothie King
- Orleans Room To Go
- The Market C-store
- Cafe at the Broadway campus
These buildings will remain locked with exceptions
The Music/Communications Complex will remain locked, but will be accessible with card access from 7 a.m.–11 p.m. Inside, the following labs/classrooms will remain unlocked:
- All first-floor practice rooms
- Common areas
- CM 328 - Maroon Newsroom
- CM 402 - J. Michael Early Studio
- CM 422 - Filmmaking Studio
- CM 330 - Brand Lab
- CM 331 - Donnelley Center
- CM 324
- CM 329
- CM 435
- CM 439
Monroe Hall: Classrooms will remain locked but will be accessible with card access from 7 a.m.–11 p.m.
Miller Hall: The lab will be accessible from 8 a.m.–10 p.m., Monday through Thursday, from 8 a.m.–6 p.m. on Friday, and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Card swipe will be installed on the main door to prevent having to open the entire building.
Mercy Hall will have special daytime hours (TBD).
Marquette Hall will be opened for the President’s Office, as needed.
These buildings will remain open or operate with adjusted hours
Danna Student Center
- Monday–Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday–Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Student Health Services
In compliance with recommendations from our partners at Ochsner Healthcare system, Loyola Student Health Services (SHS) is moving to an appointment-only system.
Students seeking treatment should call SHS at 504.865.3326 between the hours of 8:30 a.m.–4:45 p.m., Monday–Friday to schedule an appointment. No walk-ins will be accepted. Please call if you have any questions, and remember, 24/7 virtual appointments are available via the Ochsner Anywhere app.
The telemedicine room will be available 8:30 a.m.–4:45 p.m., Monday–Friday. The key can be picked up from the Student Health clinic located on the first floor of the Danna Student Center.
After hours, you can use our virtual clinic in the Danna Center for a cost of $10 per visit. Availability of this service may be limited.
If you have a confirmed case of COVID 19, please email email@example.com for follow-up.
Orleans Room will switch to boxed meal pick up ONLY for the remainder of the semester or until further notice. Boxed meal pick up in the Orleans Room will be available at these hours:
- Monday–Friday: Breakfast pick up 8 a.m.–10 a.m., lunch pick up 11:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m., dinner pick up 5 p.m.–7 p.m.
- Saturday–Sunday: Lunch pick up 11:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m., dinner pick up 5 p.m.–7 p.m.
Loyola Barnes and Noble Bookstore
- Open to Loyola students, with limited hours of operation
- The Post Office will be open Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
- For specific questions about a package, contact the post office at 504.865.2130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
These services are available online/by phone
If you are on-campus and require immediate assistance, please call LUPD at 504.865.3434.
University Counseling Center
- Available online for appointments Monday–Friday from 8:30 a.m.–4:45 p.m.
- Counselor on-call available 24/7 for a mental health crisis at 504.865.3835
Student Health Services
- For students staying off-campus, SHS is available for phone consultation at 504.865.3326
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 8:30 a.m.–4:45 p.m.
- Use the Ochsner Anywhere app
- The Ochsner On Call nurse consultation line is available 24/7 at 1.800.231.5257
Office of Accessible Education
- Appointments available through the OAE webpage
- Your Counselor can visit with you via phone, Google Meet or Zoom.
Pan-American Life Student Success Center
Our team is available remotely via video conferencing (Zoom), text messaging, Google chat, email, and telephone. To make an appointment with an Advisor-Coach, select the YouCanBookMe link for any member of our staff, select your preferred method for meeting, and choose your preferred day and time. All questions or other concerns can be directed to Dr. Paul Buehler, director of advising and coaching (email@example.com, or pbuehler.youcanbook.me).
- Nydia Araya (nydiaaraya.youcanbook.me/)
- Veronica Aviles (veronica-aviles.youcanbook.me/)
- Paul Buehler (pbuehler.youcanbook.me)
- Edouard Crago (edcrago.youcanbook.me)
- Josh Harris (joshharris.youcanbook.me)
- Loyola is offering a live streamed “private” Mass from Ignatius Chapel on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. You can watch the Mass here.