Wolf Pack Wednesday: Student Success Center
Subject line: Success on Your Terms
Sent: July 8
At Loyola, we care about your success. That’s why the Pan-American Life Student Success Center is one of the busiest offices on campus. Last fall, we had more than 5,000 visits for our services. Let Zontre City (‘21) give you a quick tour of all the resources available to you.
Support for You
We’ll help you navigate all aspects of your college experience to define success on your terms. Within the Success Center, you’ll find different departments to help you access the resources you need.
- Academic Advising and Success Coaching: Over the summer, you’ll have the opportunity to meet your advisor-coach regularly to develop meaningful goals, reflect on your strengths, and set milestones for your progress to graduation.
- Career Development: Our team is here to assist you from day one as you prepare for a successful life after graduation. As a first-year, many students work with career coaches for major and career exploration. Your career coach will help you gain a better understanding of your interests, personality traits, and values and how these factors help inform major selection and career fit. We also help first-year students begin exploring and planning to pursue future internship opportunities that will help you acquire the skills needed to successfully pursue your chosen profession.
- Writing and Learning Services: At OWLS, you’ll receive one-on-one tutoring sessions with one of our many trained peer tutors. Whether you need some extra guidance and encouragement in math, someone to practice Spanish with, or another pair of eyes to read over your essay, we’re here for you!
- Accessible Education: The Office for Accessible Education (OAE) is here to help with a smooth transition from modifications to accommodations for students who have an IEP or 504 plan in high school. At Loyola, you will have an Accessibility Counselor to help you determine what accommodations you will need to access course materials, programs, dining, and housing. To make sure your accommodations are in place when you arrive at Loyola, schedule an appointment with your Accessibility Counselor this summer.
How We’ve Helped
The team of coaches, advisors, instructors, and tutors in Student Success will create a community of support for you as you transition to life at Loyola through graduation. Here are a few words from some of your fellow Wolf Pack members about their experiences in Student Success:
“The tutors at OWLs help me every time I request academic assistance. From simple to complex, the answers to my questions always aid and add value to my studies. I am grateful for the availability of the enriching human resources who are the tutors of OWLs. Their vital services are instrumental to my academic success. I recommend my fellow students take advantage of OWLs.” - Leith Edgar
“As a first-generation student, I can’t really go to my parents for advice on navigating my college journey since they’ve never been to college or attended any formal education. So it’s been great to have someone to talk and text with when I need guidance or a sounding board for my ideas. It has really helped me adjust to and thrive in college life.” - Vinlisa Khoeum, Loyola Class of 2021
“The Career Development Center has been instrumental to my success and helpful during all four years of my college experience. From exploring career options to finding and landing several internships to preparing for full-time job interviews, they have been there every step of the way. I would not be where I am today without their support.” - Alfred Jackson, recent graduate
The Student Success Center is located on the second floor of the Monroe Library. We also are accessible remotely through video conferencing, phone, and text message.
- Text us at 504.384.8071
- Call us at 504.865.2990
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Message us on Instagram
From your first day of class until the day you graduate, we want to make sure you’re equipped with the tools and skills to find success in college. We can’t wait for you to join the Wolf Pack this fall!
Coming Up Next
Health and wellness has never felt more vital to our community. We’re here to keep you feeling your best.
See the full schedule and archived emails.
Your fall tuition E-bill is due August 10.
Krewe Chats are July 12-18 via Zoom. You’ll have a chance to ask questions and talk to a current Loyola student about their experiences. You should have already received a message from your Krewe Leader about these events.