Wolf Pack Wednesday: Dining Services
Subject line: Food to Fuel Your Thoughts 🍎🍜
Sent: July 22
What’s Cookin’ on Campus
Your dining experience with us is about more than just great food. It's a community experience centered on culinary expertise, fresh ingredients, healthy options, and a shared sense of environmental and social responsibility.
Our dining program offers a variety of dining options, all with mobile ordering to-go options available through GrubHub. Choose from favorites like:
- Loyola's Orleans Room (aka "The O.R.")
- Smoothie King
- Tsunami Sushi by AFC
- Original Burger Company
We’ll also offer virtual engagement events and social activities appropriate to the current reopening phase to help you feel welcomed, comfortable, and connected. Follow us at @loynodining to see what we're cooking!
Choose Your Meal Plan
All incoming undergraduate students are required to have a meal plan, and Loyola Dining Services provides several meal plan options to meet each student's taste. Each undergraduate residential student is automatically signed up for the Maroon & Gold meal plan but may switch to another plan if desired. You can check your meal plan selection through your online student account on LORA.
- Each dining plan option includes Wolf Bucks and a combination of weekly meals and block meals.
- You can change your meal plan without penalty within the first two weeks of the fall and spring semesters.
View our Meal Plan FAQs to learn more.
If you need to talk through any meal plan questions and changes, please contact us!
Residential Life: 504.865.2445
Dining Services: 504.865.2997
Healthy Habits Start Here
In addition to offering food options to accommodate your dietary needs, we will take all precautions to make your dining experience healthy and safe. In partnership with our food provider, Sodexo, Loyola will enact proven safety practices, combined with transparent and ongoing communication, to offer you delicious dining options in a carefully controlled environment when you arrive on campus.
Here are some of the steps we are taking:
- Personal protective equipment (PPE): Employees will wear masks and gloves.
- Hand washing: Staff will continue to wash hands frequently.
- Team member health: Employees will regularly report on their health, including temperature checks.
- Food safety: Self-service options will be eliminated.
- Sanitizing and disinfecting: High-touch surfaces will be cleaned frequently with professional-grade products.
- Social distancing measures: When dining rooms are open, they will have limited seating capacity, updated configurations, and floor markers to encourage social distancing.
- Service during quarantine: We will offer safe meal delivery options to isolated locations for students experiencing symptoms or diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Technology: Touchless entryways, online ordering, cashless payments, and delivery options will limit contact between dining staff and students.
- Carryout and prepackaged options: We will provide expanded options for carryout orders, including delivery where feasible.
Meet Our Dining Hall Dietitian
Kelsey Rosenbaum, MS, RD, LDN is here to help you learn how to eat healthy while in college and is available for complimentary consultations on food allergies, special diet needs, vegan and vegetarian nutrition, weight management, and more. Follow her on Instagram for cooking tips @dininghall.nutritionist.
Coming Up Next
Prepare for Wolf Pack Welcome, an immersive three-day experience to bond with your fellow incoming classmates.
See the full schedule and archived emails.
Don’t Forget These Action Items
Your fall tuition E-bill is due August 10.
Complete your health care survey to share your plan for accessing health care during the school year.