Welcome to Wolf Pack Wednesdays
Subject line: Welcome to the Wolf Pack ?
Date sent: May 12, 2021
Welcome to Wolf Pack Wednesday—a weekly newsletter featuring important information and resources to help you prepare for your first year at Loyola. We know you probably have a lot of questions about how to plan for your college experience. We’re here for you! You’re part of the Wolf Pack now, and Loyola is your new home.
Wolf Pack Wednesday Schedule
Here’s a preview of some of the topics we’ll cover every Wednesday over the next few months as we countdown to the start of your first semester at Loyola!
- May: Residential Life and Housing, Jesuit Values
- June: Online Orientation, Diversity and Social Justice, Loyola Traditions, Foreign Languages and Study Abroad, Student Financial Services
- July: Dining Services and Meal Plans, Student Success Center, Student Health Services and Counseling, Wolf Pack Welcome Details
- August: Parking on Campus, Loyola Bookstore, Student Government Association, Fraternity and Sorority Life, Starting Classes
In addition to this weekly email, you can explore our Incoming Student page for more action items and resources. You can also reply to this email to speak with your admissions counselor or give us a call at 504.865.3240 with any specific questions along the way.
Your First To-Do’s
If you haven’t already, be sure to log into your Admissions Status Portal to complete some important action items. Don’t worry—you will get plenty of advance notice for anything you need to complete before your arrival. You won’t need to make any travel plans aside from preparing for your move-in day, which we will share very soon. Here are a few of the most important items you can knock off your to-do list now.
Be sure you set up your Loyola email and access the Loyola network, known as the Single Sign On (SSO) portal. Follow this step-by-step guide to set up your accounts (including instructions for free access to Microsoft Office 365) and contact the IT Help Desk with any technology-related questions.
Pro Tip: If you’re shopping for computers or other digital subscriptions, don’t forget to look for special discounts just for college students! Many options require a “.edu” email address, so it’s important to set up your Loyno email first.
Submit Your ID Photo
Log into your Admissions Status Portal and upload your headshot in the "Upload Materials" section. Be sure to select "ID Photo" from the dropdown menu. Make sure your photo clearly shows your face and has a vertical orientation. We will use your photo to make your Loyola ID, which you will receive when you arrive in August. Please submit your photo by July 1 for processing.
Complete Your Affordability Questionnaire
We’ll send you full details about what to expect for your first bill in June, but you can get started with financial planning now by completing the Affordability Questionnaire in your Admissions Status Portal. The information you provide will help our Student Financial Services team provide one-on-one support to connect you with the best payment options for your family.
Meet the Pack
Looking for more ways to get to know Loyola? Follow these accounts on Instagram to get a preview of what it’s like to be a part of the Wolf Pack.
- Loyno Class of 2025: A private account just for admitted students like you! Share your bio and meet your future classmates. Follow: @loynoclassof2025
- Loyola New Orleans: The official university account sharing the latest news and announcements. Follow: @loyola_nola
- Student Government Association: Your student leaders share student spotlights, faculty shoutouts, and tips for your best life at Loyola. Follow: @loyno_sga
- Student Life and Ministry: The go-to spot to get a feel for campus life and events at Loyola. Follow: @loyno_slm