Wolf Pack Wednesday: Student Success Center
Subject line: Success on Your Terms
Sent: January 26, 2022
At Loyola, we care about your success. That’s why the Pan-American Life Student Success Center is one of the busiest offices on campus. Let Zontre City (‘21) give you a quick tour of all the resources available to you.
Support for You
We’ll help you navigate all aspects of your college experience to define success on your terms. Within the Success Center, you’ll find different departments to help you access the resources you need.
- Academic Advising and Success Coaching: You’ll have the opportunity to continue to meet with your advisor-coach regularly to develop meaningful goals, reflect on your strengths, and set milestones for your progress to graduation.
- Career Development Center: The Career Development Center is here to assist you from day one as you prepare for a successful life after graduation. As a first-year, many students work with career coaches for major and career exploration. We also help first-year students begin exploring and planning to pursue future internship opportunities that will help you acquire the skills needed to successfully pursue your chosen profession. We encourage every student to make use of our services, early and often.
- Writing and Learning Services: At OWLS, you’ll receive one-on-one tutoring sessions with one of our many trained peer tutors. Whether you need some extra guidance and encouragement in math, someone to practice Spanish with, or another pair of eyes to read over your essay, we’re here for you!
- Accessible Education: The Office for Accessible Education (OAE) is here to help with a smooth transition from modifications to accommodations for students who have an IEP or 504 plan in high school. At Loyola, your Accessibility Counselor can help you determine what accommodations you need to access course materials, programs, dining, and housing. Schedule an appointment with your Accessibility Counselor at any time.
- TRIO-Student Support Services (SSS): TRIO-Student Support Services (SSS) is a program funded through the U.S. Department of Education that serves first-generation college students, students with disabilities, and low-income students. Participants have access to support services to help with coursework, career exploration, financial literacy, and skills development. Watch the video below to learn more about the program and find out if you’re eligible to apply
Learn More: TRIO SSS Program
The Student Success Center is located on the second floor of the Monroe Library. We also are accessible remotely through video conferencing, phone, and text message.
- Text us at 504.384.8071
- Call us at 504.865.2990
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Message us on Instagram
From your first semester until the day you graduate, we want to make sure you’re equipped with the tools and skills to find success in college.
Preparing for What’s Next
Now that you’re getting settled into life at Loyola, this is where our weekly emails draw to a close. We’re so proud to have you as part of our Pack! While this is the end of our weekly email newsletter, it’s only the start of your new life at Loyola. The connections you’ve formed so far will continue to grow and deepen long after you’ve left our campus. The work you’re doing right now is preparing you for more than a career—it’s connecting you to your purpose and the unique calling that only you can share with our world. We can’t wait to see what you accomplish.
Remember that you’re not on this journey alone. We are here to support you inside and outside of the classroom. Please stay in touch!
Here are a few final reminders:
- Check out HowlConnect to find ways to get involved, attend events, and join organizations.
- Call 504.865.3622, text 504.266.8244, or email email@example.com to talk with the Department of Student Life & Ministry (SLM) about engagement opportunities.
- Explore our archive to find information about student services from our previous newsletters.