Wolf Pack Wednesday: Guide to Residential Life
Subject line: Guide to Res Life and Housing
Sent: May 18, 2022
Welcome home! At Loyola, we’re committed to providing you with an exceptional learning environment that extends beyond the classroom and into every dimension of your life—even where you sleep. Living on campus gives you many opportunities to build community with your classmates and immerse yourself in the full college experience.
But you don’t have to wait for move-in day to see your future home. Watch our virtual tour video below to see our campus in action and view our interactive map to get a 360 degree view of our residence halls. Open the interactive map, select 360 Panoramas in the left hand navigation, then choose one of the residence halls (most first-year students call Biever Hall home).
Housing Applications Reminder
Housing applications were due on May 15. If you haven’t already, please submit your housing application through our Residence system as soon as possible. Check your email for detailed instructions. If you have any issues or questions about your housing application, please reach out to us!
- Call us at 504.865.2445
- Text us at 504.384.7711
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Message us on Instagram at @loynoreslife
Notification of your room assignment will be sent via email on June 15.
Find Your Roommate
College roomies can turn into lifelong friends. Roommate requests can be made by entering your desired roommate’s Roommate Code (listed in the top right corner of your Residence account) into the ‘Roommates’ tab in your Residence account. If you don’t have a roommate(s) in mind, you can simply complete the roommate matching profile and the system will match you with some with similar preferences. The ‘Roommates’ tab is separate from your housing application and must be completed in addition to your application.
Roommate requests are due by June 7.
Apply to a Themed Living Community
Find your Pack! Meet others who share your interests, values, and academic goals. Our Themed Living Communities (TLCs) allow you to build connections with other students and deepen your impact on the New Orleans community. Explore TLCs dedicated to leadership, academic excellence, social justice, and holistic wellness.
TLC applications are available in your Residence portal and due by June 1. Please note: The TLC selection process is competitive and not all who apply are selected. Notification of TLC selection will be sent out June 10. Honors students will get separate information for the honors community separate from the other TLC process.
Pack Like a Pro
Moving out on your own is a huge milestone, and we want you to feel at home in your new space. But that doesn’t mean you have to arrive with every single item ready for your room. Use our packing list to prioritize the most important things to bring.
A few essentials:
- XL twin bed linens
- Mattress pad or cover (required)
- Towels and toiletries
- Cleaning and sanitizing supplies
- Laundry basket and detergent pods
- Personal medications
- Extra drinking water and snacks
What to Expect on Move-In Day
Mark your calendar! All first-year students will be able to move into the residence halls between August 15 –17. You will receive a survey to sign up for a specific date and time to move into your building when you receive your room notification email on June 15.
Here’s the general move-in process:
- You can bring up to two people to assist with moving in. You’ll arrive at the centralized check-in location on Loyola University's campus (details will be provided in your notification email).
- After receiving your check-in materials at the centralized location, you will be directed to an unloading zone in an on-campus parking garage.
- You will be able to unload your car for two hours in a designated parking area.
- After two hours, you will be able to park on an upper floor of one of the parking garages if you need longer to unload and move into your room.
- Residential LIfe will provide bins for move in, but it is advised that families bring their own doilies/moving equipment as well.
- If there is a need for an exception to this process, please contact residential life after June 15 at email@example.com.
Information about sending mail and packages will be sent out with the assignment email on June 15. Residential Life is unable to accept packages for Fall 2022 on-campus students before August 1.
Loyola honors the dignity of each student by offering appropriate accommodations for students with documented and approved disabilities. See Requests for Housing Accommodations to learn more.
Planning to Live at Home?
Loyola requires every student to live on campus for your first two academic years. To apply for an exemption, you must submit the 2022–2023 Housing Exemption application in your Residence account. With your application, you must also upload additional documentation verifying your exemption eligibility.
Commuter students have many opportunities to get immersed in our campus experience too! Explore our Commuter resources online and learn about joining the Commuter Student Association to connect with other commuter students at Loyola. Additionally, as a first year student on campus, you will be assigned a Commuter Assistant who will check in with you throughout your first year to invite you to programs, meet other commuter students, and let you know about commuter resources.
Exemption applications and supplemental documentation are due June 1.
Your To-Do List
- Your housing application was due May 15. Make sure you submitted yours!
- Submit your roommate request by June 7.
- Complete your Admissions Status Portal checklist items—including submitting your Loyola ID photo by July 1.