LOYNO Master Plan: Student Health and Counseling
Subject line: Taking Care of the Whole You
Sent: December 22, 2021
The University Counseling Center and Student Health Services serve the mental and physical health needs for all of Loyola's students on and off campus. It’s our mission to keep you feeling healthy, happy, and well. Learn more about services available to graduate students. Keep in mind that charges for services through Student Health and Counseling will depend on your insurance coverage. Check with your provider to discuss estimated costs.
Student Health Services
At Student Health Services (SHS), our medical professionals provide primary care treatment and education about personal health issues that are important to students. You can think of SHS as the on-campus urgent care clinic.
Our services include:
- Primary care appointments
- Well woman exams
- STD screenings
- Orthopedic appointments
- Referrals to specialists
Make an Appointment
Student Health is located in the lower level of the Danna Student Center, directly below the Orleans Room. During the academic year, SHS holds regular office hours Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:45 p.m. To make an appointment, call us at 504.865.3326.
LUPD is available 24/7 all 365 days a year for after-hours medical emergencies. They can be reached at 504.865.3434.
University Counseling Center
The University Counseling Center (UCC) provides professional psychological counseling to help students navigate university life. Our counselors are here to assist students in times of stress, anxiety, a break-up, or any other emotionally overwhelming or mental health-related situation.
Our services include:
- Individual, couple, and group counseling
- Psychiatric evaluations and medication management
- Substance abuse screenings
- Anxiety management workshops
- Triage and case management appointments
- Community based referrals
Make an Appointment
We are located on the second floor of the Danna Center, in room 208, directly above the Orleans Room. Services are provided by appointment only during regular office hours, Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:45 p.m. Any psychological emergency will be seen without a scheduled appointment.
The UCC Counselor on-call is available 24/7 all 365 days a year and can be reached at 504.865.3835.
This year, there is no Loyola-sponsored health insurance plan for graduate students. Please go to your insurance website and check to see if you have coverage in New Orleans! If you have out-of-state Medicaid, are uninsured or underinsured, visit www.healthcare.gov or call 504.865.3835 to schedule a case management appointment for help finding coverage in the greater New Orleans area. Fees for appointments through Student Health Services at Loyola will depend on your insurance coverage. You should discuss estimated costs with your insurance provider.
Submit Your Immunizations
You are required to submit immunization documentation before you can start classes. Additionally, all students who will spend any amount of time on campus for the 2021 – 2022 academic year are required to submit COVID-19 vaccination records or apply for an exemption. Immunization records are due no later than January 15. For questions about your immunization or COVID-19 vaccination requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s the process for submitting all immunization records:
- Print the Immunization Compliance Form (available to download here)
- Have it completed and signed by your physician or treatment provider
- Upload your immunization form to Loyola’s Public Health Portal
To access the Public Health Portal, you'll be asked to log in using the following credentials:
- Your username is your full Loyola email address. For example: email@example.com
- Your password is your Microsoft password. If you have changed your Microsoft password, use what you changed it to. If you have not yet changed your Microsoft password, the default password is the first two letters of your first name, followed by the last 4 digits of your social security number, then an uppercase LU. For example: abXXXXLU
If you need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org using your loyno email address or call the Help Desk at 504.865.2255.