LOYNO Master Plan: Housing and Living Uptown
Subject line: Guide to Housing and Living Uptown ?
Sent: June 2, 2021
Welcome home! At Loyola, we’re committed to providing you with an exceptional learning environment that extends beyond the classroom and into every dimension of your life—even where you live. Whether you’re already in New Orleans or planning a big move, we can help make sure you’re set up with housing.
Help Finding a Rental
Loyola is located in the Uptown neighborhood of New Orleans, with plenty of residential options for students. Here are some resources to help you in your search and check our off-campus housing page for even more information.
- UniversityRentalListing.com – Loyola's official rental listing provider with a listing of only properties that have been vetted and approved.
- Sonder Neighborhood Rentals – A listing with short and long term leases available. Loyola students can email email@example.com with their full name, email address, number of bedrooms, and desired move-in date to get help finding a place.
- Trulia – A comprehensive search site for apartments and houses (use at your own discretion).
- ABODO Apartments – Includes mostly larger apartment complexes (use at your own discretion).
- Alumni Realtor Directory – Email firstname.lastname@example.org for one-to-one referrals of agents who are proud graduates of Loyola!
Get Ready for NOLA Weather
Living in New Orleans can come with unexpected weather. The NOLA Ready website provides information and resources to help you prepare. You can also sign up for NOLA Ready alerts on your phone for updates on severe weather or hurricane preparedness. Keep in mind that Loyola will also send alerts if we are facing severe weather or other emergency situations on campus. Our Emergency website has more details.
Getting Around Campus
We want you to feel right at home when you arrive on campus. Check out this interactive map to explore the spaces and places you’ll frequent around campus and watch our virtual video tour below.