Omar El Khatib
Instructor, Computer Science
Ph.D. Computer Science, New Mexico State University, 2007
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Mathematics and Computer Science
Dr. Omar EL Khatib received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the New Mexico State University in the summer of 2007 and joined the Loyola faculty in the Fall of 2017. Prior to that, Dr. El khatib was an assistance professor in Taif University for seven years, Software Developer in Epic System Corporation in Madison/WI for two years.
Dr. El Khatib main topics of research span the fields of Artificial Intelligence computer science. Specifically, he is interested in the Answer set programming, Machine Learning and deep learning.
Languages and Paradigms
Introduction to programming 1
- O. El-Khatib, "Modelling Assembly Line Balancing Problem in Answer Set Programming," 2016 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence (CSCI), Las Vegas, NV, 2016, pp. 484-489. doi: 10.1109/CSCI.2016.0098.
- O EL Khatib. Solving the Pixel Puzzle under Answer Set Programming, International Journal of Computer Systems (IJCS), Volume 03, Number 03, March 2016.
- O. EL Khatib, Job shop Scheduling under Answer Set Programming Environment. International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT) Volume 5, Issue 5, November 2015
- O EL Khatib. Answer Set Programming Techniques and Methods. ACM JORDAN, 2010.
- O El Khatib. Towards a programming environment for answer set programming, New Mexico State University, 2007.
- E Pontelli, M Balduccini, F Bermudez, O EL Khatib. Issues in Parallel Execution of Non-monotononic Reasoning Systems. 2006.
- O EL Khatib, E Pontelli, TC Son. A Tool for Knowledge Base Integration and Querying, AAAI Spring Symposium: Formalizing and Compiling Background and Its Applications to Knowledge Representation and Question Answering, 2002.