Special Collections Registrar & Archivist
- M.L.I.S., Queens College Graduate School of Library and Information Studies, Flushing, NY
- B.L.A., New School University, New York, NY
- Monroe Library
- Provide research assistance to students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Manage collection registration maintaining records including legal documentation and inventories. Track all movement of collections in house and on loan assuring exact location knowledge.
- Collaborate with the Special Collections & Archives Team on the creation and presentation of exhibits.
- Monitor preservation and conservation activities within Special Collections & Archives, including re-housing materials and monitoring condition of items on exhibit.
- Process archival collections and make finding aids available to the public. Prepare and maintain finding aids and coordinate original cataloging using best practices and standards including DACS, EAD and MARC.
- Manage collection development, description, and reference requests for University Archives.
- Assist with public programming to promote the Archives and its Collections, including onsite activities and online platforms such as Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and the online collections/exhibitions.
- Train and work with student employees.
- Handle requisitions and orders of supplies and materials for collections care and storage.
- Participate in digitization projects, including scanning of Special Collections & Archives materials for display and inclusion in online digital repository.
- Special Collections & Archives Team