Entertainment Industry Studies
An Innovative New Program
If you have a passion for the business of creating or entertaining that reaches beyond a single medium, Loyola's Bachelor of Arts in Entertainment Industry Studies is the perfect degree for you.
With the increasing impact of films, television shows, songs, live performances, apps, and video games, the entertainment industry is more vast, integrated, and interdependent than ever before.
This degree offers students a solid foundation in intellectual property issues, management, marketing, entrepreneurship, and other key concepts necessary to succeeding in today’s creative economy. Meanwhile, students will also have the flexibility to pursue multiple areas of interest within the cultural economy: music production, filmmaking, animation, design, creative writing, and more.
Undergraduate Degree Program
- Total credit hours in degree: 120
- Credit hours of entertainment business courses: 15
- Credit hours of creative technology courses: 12
- Credit hours of film/music studies courses: 9
- Credit hours of open electives: 41
- Credit hours of Loyola Core courses: 39
- Available business minors: 6
- Available communications minors: 3