Web Page and Site Design and Usability Resources
- D'Angelo, John; Twining, Joanne. "Comprehension by clicks: D'Angelo standards for web page design, and time, comprehension, and preference." Information Technology and Libraries (2000): 125-135.
- Dickstein, Ruth; Mills, Vicki. "Usability testing at the University of Arizona Library: How to let the users in on the design." Information Technology and Libraries (2000): 144-150.
- Lilly, Erica B.; Van Fleet, Connie. "Measuring the accessibility of public library home pages." Reference & User Services Quarterly 40 (2000): 156-165.
- Nielsen, Jakob; Coyne, Kara Pernice; Tahir, Marie. "Make it usable." PC Magazine (20) February 6, 2001: IP01-01, IP04, IP06. (Follows page 122.)
- Spivey, Mark A. "The vocabulary of library home pages: An influence on diverse and remote end-users." Information Technology and Libraries (2000): 151-156.
- Keating, Anne B. The wired professor : a guide to incorporating the World Wide Web in college instruction. New York : New York University Press, c1999. (LB2331 .K35 1999 or netLibrary)
- Krug, Steven. Don't make me think! : a common sense approach to Web usability. Que, 2000. (TK 5105.888 .K78 2000)
- Rosenfeld, Louis. Information architecture for the World Wide Web. Cambridge ; Sebastopol, CA : O'Reilly, c1998. (TK5105.888 .R664 1998)
- Siegel, David. Creating killer Web sites : the art of third-generation site design. Indianapolis, Ind. : Hayden Books, c1996. (TK5105.888 .S53 1996)
- The Alertbox: Current Issues in Web Usability
- PageResource.com "A Web Development Tutorial & Information Site"
- Usable Web "...links about web usability."
- Web Developer's Virtual Library
- Webbery and Nettery "advice and guidance on using the Internet and the World-Wide Web - with special relevance to businesses (large and small) considering this new medium."
- Writing for the Web "Research on how users read on the Web and how authors should write their Web pages."
- Yahoo! > Arts > Design Arts > Graphic Design > Web Page Design and Layout
- Yahoo! Computers & Internet > Internet > World Wide Web > Page Creation > Beginner's Guides
- Yahoo! Social Sciences > Communications > Writing > Writing for the Web
- Yale Web Style Guide
- A-Prompt Project Related Links
- Carl and Ruth Shapiro Family National Center for Accessible Media web, CD-ROM, motion picture, and other areas
- Evaluation, Repair, and Transformation Tools for Web Content Accessibility "This is a collection of information about Evaluation, Repair, and Transform Tools to be used by Web content developers and users to make the Web more accessible. "
- Lynx Viewer "This service allows web authors to see what their pages will look like (sort of) when viewed with Lynx, a text-mode web browser."
- Viewable with Any Browser: Accessible Site Design Guide "...some useful tips and links that can help to make your site accessible by all browsers, and better in general."
- W3C HTML Validation Service "...checks HTML documents for conformance to W3C HTML and XHTML Recommendations and other HTML standards."
- Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) "...pursues accessibility of the Web through five primary areas of work: technology, guidelines, tools, education and outreach, and research and development. "
- World Wide Access: Accessible Web Design from the University of Washington