V-Day is a national day of action, held on many college campuses across the nation. It is co-sponsored by the Women's Issue Organization and the Women's Resource Center. We dedicate our efforts to the memory those New Orleans women who have been killed by their intimate partners, and the countless women and children who experience domestic and sexual violence today.
What is V-Day?
- V-Day is an organized response against violence toward women.
- V-Day is a vision. We see a world where women live safely and freely.
- V-Day is a demand. Rape, incest, battery,and genital mutilation must end now.
- V-Day is a spirit. We believe that women should spend their lives creating and thriving rather than surviving or recovering from terrible atrocities.
- V-Day is a catalyst. By raising money and consciousness, it will unify and strengthen existing anti-violence efforts. Triggering far-reaching awareness, it will lay the groundwork for new educational, protective and legislative endeavors throughout the world.
- V-Day is a process. We will work as long as it takes. We will not stop until the violence stops.
- V-Day is a day. We proclaim Valentine's Day as V-Day, to celebrate women and to end the violence.
- V-day is a fierce, wild, unstoppable movement and community.