Religions of the World
RELS-T122-052 and 059 | Fall 2013
Service learning is optional for this course.
Students in this course may opt to complete a service learning placement at one of the following agencies:
Anna's Arts for Kids
APEX Youth Center
Boys Hope Girls Hope
Cafe con Ingles
Catholic Charities: English as a Second Language
Catholic Charities: Head Start
Good Shepherd School
Harry Tompson Center
Luke's House Clinic
Ozanam Inn Computer Lab
St. Stephen Catholic School
HOW TO CHOOSE & COMPLETE A SERVICE LEARNING PLACEMENT
- Watch this video on how to get a service learning placement.
- Once you have finalized your service learning placement, document all your hours using a service learning timesheet. Submit timesheets to the service learning office twice per semester. Check the Loyola Service Learning Calendar for timesheet deadlines.
- Finish all your service learning hours by the last day of classes.
- Know that your performance will be evaluated by your agency. This performance evaluation will be given to your professor and incorporated into your class grade.
- Receive a service learning transcript notation. Put it on your resume too!