All partnerships have mutual responsibilities and expectations. Partnering with Loyola's service learning program can bring substantial benefits to your agency. However, it also requires a significant investment of time and energy. It's important to understand this commitment beforehand and decide whether your agency has the capacity to make this investment.
Loyola expects all partner agencies to:
- communicate with Loyola students, staff and faculty in a timely and responsive manner throughout the life of the partnership;
- provide Loyola with the information it needs in order to facilitate service learning activities effectively, including complete and accurate agency information;
- carefully read and review all communications from Loyola;
- notify Loyola about changes to program locations or offerings, turnover among key staff, funding interruptions, or other programmatically significant matters;
- cooperate fully with regular assessment efforts;
- provide regular feedback to Loyola staff, faculty and students;
- ensure that preservice requirements such as background checks are completed in a timely and efficient manner;
- allow and arrange for site visits and program observations as necessary to ensure quality partnerships;
- provide sufficient orientation and training for all service learning students;
- monitor and supervise placement and project work as necessary; and
- evaluate students and outcomes in writing and/or in person.