Ink Jet Cartridges, Toner Cartridges, Batteries and Cell Phones
- Recycle 4 Charity collection bins are located next to most of the paper collection bins on campus.
- They will be clearly marked for inkjet, toner, cell phone and battery recycling.
- The cartridges are used to create remanufactured ink cartridges.
- Batteries are broken down for their component parts.
- Cell phones are either reused or broken down for their component parts.
The Recycle 4 Charity website is www.recycle4charity.com.
Recycle 4 Charity helps keep waste out of landfill, saves natural resources, creates new jobs and provides much needed products to the remanufacturing industry.
- Each recycled toner cartridge saves about half a gallon of oil
- Each recycled ink cartridge saves about two ounces of oil
- Over 400 million printer cartridges are sold in the United States each year, with less than 20% being recycled
- Inkjet and toner cartridges are remanufactured in the USA, providing American jobs that support the US economy
- Recycled cell phones keeps hazardous waste like mercury, lead and cadmium in cell batteries from contaminating the environment
- Over 80 million cell phones are retired in the United States each year, with less than 10% being recycled.