- Cardboard boxes are located on the first floor of most major buildings.
- They will be clearly marked for inkjet, toner, cell phone and battery recycling.
- They are next to the office paper collection bins.
Every year, the portable rechargeable power industry produces millions of rechargeable battery packs to power products like:
- cordless tools
- cellular and cordless phones
- laptop computers
- digital cameras
- two-way radios
- remote control toys
When those long-life batteries die, they can be recycled. Recycling them keeps them out of landfills, and promotes a safer, cleaner environment for everyone.
The types of batteries that can be accepted are:
- Nickel Cadmium( Ni-Cd)
- Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH)
- Lithium Ion (Li-Ion)
- Nickel Zinc (Ni-Zn)
- Small Sealed Lead (Pb) - weighing less than 2 pounds.
Below are some examples of batteries that could be recycled and the seals that may be on those batteries.