Research symposium, open house highlight grad programs
Loyola press release - January 11, 2013
Two events Tuesday, Jan. 22 at Loyola University New Orleans will showcase the graduate school experience, from everything required to enroll, to some of the research projects and ideas current students are working on. Both are free and open to the public.
From treating soldiers with post-traumatic stress disorder using specialized therapy to the relationship between gender and body modification, potential graduate school applicants can learn about those topics and more from Loyola graduate students at the Graduate Research Symposium. Held from 12:30-2:30 p.m. on the first floor of the Monroe Library, other projects detail Gender Identity Disorder and parental kidnapping. Held annually, this event allows graduate students at Loyola to showcase some of their research projects and ideas. Current and potential students are encouraged to attend and offer insight.
Later that evening, the Graduate Program Open House will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m., in the St. Charles Room, located in the Danna Student Center on Loyola’s main campus. The open house is an opportunity for potential students interested in learning more about the graduate degrees and dual degrees available at Loyola. Chairs and directors from each program below will discuss application information, standards for admission, degree requirements, etc. At the end, groups will break out into round-table discussions so that potential students can float around and ask questions of each program.
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- Master of Criminal Justice (M.C.J.)
- Master of Music in Performance
- Master of Music Therapy (M.M.T.)
- Master of Pastoral Studies (M.P.S.)
- Master of Religious Education (M.R.E.)
- Master of Science in Counseling (M.S.)
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice Administration online program (M.S.C.J.A.)
- Master of Science in Nursing for Health Care Systems Management online program
- Master of Science in Nursing online program (M.S.N.)
Professional Degrees/Dual Degrees:
- Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) (for international students only)
- Juris Doctor/Master of Business Administration (J.D./M.B.A.)
- Juris Doctor/Master of Public Administration (J.D./M.P.A.)
- Juris Doctor/Master of Urban and Regional Planning (J.D., M.U.R.P.)
- Master of Pastoral Studies/Master of Business Administration (M.P.S./M.B.A.)
- Master of Pastoral Studies/ Master of Criminal Justice (M.P.S./M.C.J.)
- Master of Pastoral Studies/Master of Science in Counseling (M.P.S./M.S.C.)
- Master of Science in Counseling/Master of Music Therapy (M.S.C./M.M.T.)
- Master of Science in Counseling/Master of Science in Criminal Justice (M.S.C./M.S.C.J.)
Continuing Education Units:
Refreshments will be provided at both events. For more information, contact LeAnne Steen at 504-864-7855.