Loyola launches iPhone app
Loyola press release - September 3, 2010
Loyola University New Orleans is now iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch friendly. This week, the university launched the free Loyola App as a user-friendly source that provides the entire university community with current news, events and athletics highlights.
The application is not only a resource for current students, but also a valuable guide for visiting students and guests, providing campus information, weather forecasts, university contacts and an interactive map.
The free application contains 16 Loyola-specific features, including:
- Campus News: Get the latest university news.
- Events: Mark your calendars with university and admissions’ events.
- Campus Map: Navigate the university with ease through the identification of buildings based on your location.
- Athletics: Get the latest Wolfpack athletic news, schedules and results.
- Weather: View the seven-day forecast of the university’s weather conditions.
- Checklist: Learn what you need to know to apply for first-year admissions.
- Polls: Participate in survey questions about Loyola and New Orleans.
- Directory: View university contact information.
- Multimedia: Tweet with all the official Loyola Twitter pages and view Loyola’s Flickr, YouTube and iTunesU online media outlets.
- Links and References: Link to the Loyola website to receive more information.
The new application, which is a collaborative venture among Admissions, Marketing and Communications, and Student Affairs, also provides highlights, numerous university photographs, and audio of the fight song.
The application can be installed directly from iTunes and is compatible for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPads. A mobile-friendly website is currently being created by the Web Communications Office, which students, faculty and staff can look forward to using at a later date.