Registration underway for Family Weekend 2010
Loyola press release - September 20, 2010
Loyola University New Orleans will open its doors to students’ family and friends for the university’s annual Family Weekend held Oct. 1 – 3.
Family Weekend allows students and families to reconnect after the beginning of a new academic year, and enables families to experience Loyola as their loved ones do.
The weekend, which is organized by the Office of Student Affairs, is full of entertainment for both students and families, beginning on Friday with a welcome reception featuring local foods, student musicians and opportunities to meet Loyola administration, faculty and staff. Throughout the weekend, families will have the opportunity to participate in a number of activities and events including:
- Shadow Your Student to Class: Experience Loyola academics by accompanying your student through their class schedule.
- Daily and Vigil Mass: Join members of the Loyola community to celebrate a daily mass in St. Ignatius Chapel on Friday, and a Saturday vigil mass in Holy Name of Jesus Church.
- Study Abroad Fair: Meet Loyola faculty who host study abroad programs and learn about exciting cultural programs.
- Loyola Volleyball: Cheer on the Loyola Wolfpack by attending Friday’s game against Dillard University and Saturday’s game against Xavier University of Louisiana.
- “Fun, Facts and Fables:” Learn about three centuries of life in the Big Easy as a professional guide leads you on a memorable bus tour through historic New Orleans.
- Senior Ring Ceremony: Watch as your student receives his or her Loyola ring. By invitation only.
- “Almost, Maine:” Attend a whimsical and quirky play by John Cariani, produced by Loyola Theater and directed by C. Patrick Gendusa, Saturday afternoon.
- PRISM Concert: View Loyola’s major musical ensembles in Roussel Hall, presented by the College of Music and Fine Arts.
The event-filled weekend will conclude on Sunday at 10 a.m. with a farewell brunch featuring a jazz band.
To view the entire weekend’s schedule or to register for the weekend, visit Loyola’s Family Weekend website. Mandatory Registration, which is one set price for the entire weekend, is free to Loyola students and children under seven, $20 for children seven through 12 and $75 for those over 12.
For more information on Family Weekend, contact Craig Beebe, director of Residential Life, at 504-865-2445 or email@example.com.