Loyola convenes distinguished banking panel to discuss economy
Loyola press release - March 23, 2009
The Loyola University New Orleans Joseph A. Butt, S.J., College of Business Alumni Board is hosting a luncheon and panel discussion on Friday, March 27, with six experts in the banking industry, to talk about the national economy and its effects on local, regional and national banks. The 24th Annual College of Business Alumni Luncheon and the discussion, “Today and Tomorrow: The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on our Local and Regional Economy,” takes place at 11:30 a.m., in the Armstrong Ballroom of the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel.
The College of Business and the College of Business Alumni Board decided to forgo the traditional luncheon speaker format to convene a spectacular panel of local, regional and national banking practitioners, including:
- Barry Bleakley - Chief Financial Officer, Omni Bank
- J. Michael “Mickey” Brown, C’91 - President and CEO, First Bank and Trust
- Karl Hoefer - Market President, IberiaBank
- Joseph S. Exnicios, L’90 – Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Risk Officer, Whitney Bank
- Scott Howard - Commercial Banking Executive, Regions Bank
- John Kallenborn - President, Chase Louisiana.
WDSU-TV anchor and Loyola alumnus Travers Mackel, A’98, will moderate the panel discussion. Preceding the discussion, Mary J. Jacobi-Jephson, B’73, will receive the Alumna of the Year Award, and Kyle Berner, B’03, will be honored as Young Alumnus of the Year.
For more information on the event, or to arrange interviews, contact Catherine Koppel in the Office of Public Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-861-5448.