Donations for Magis Fellowships Fund still being accepted
Loyola press release - March 21, 2006
The Magis Fellowship Fund provides a means for members of the Loyola University community to help other members of the community who have suffered devastating losses because of Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath. Loyola has long described itself as a community characterized by care for one another. Because the needs have been so great since the storm, we have been faced with the invitation and challenge to do "more" (Latin: " magis") for one another than we have before.
There are two primary ways that community members can help one another:
1. The Magis Fellowship Fund provides cash and/or gift cards to members of the community who have experienced overwhelming losses. We especially focus on those who work for Sodexho, WFF, physical plant, and campus security. We also provide the same kind of help for staff, faculty, and students and their families.
Members of the Loyola community can contribute to the fund by:
- Making a donation online at http://noah.loyno.edu/magis_fellowshp.html.
- Checks and cash are accepted in the Bursarís Office, Marquette Hall 270. Please make checks payable to Magis Fellowship Fund, Loyola New Orleans.
- Express Card donations can be made in the SGA office in the Danna Center basement.
If you have friends who want to help, we will gratefully accept their donations also.
2. The Center for Intercultural Understanding is functioning as a clearing house for donations of clothing, appliances, toys, etc. If you need specific items, please let them know in the Centerís office by the bookstore in the Danna Center. If you have specific items to donate, please inform them. They will then match up the donors with those who need the items.