Welcome to the Loyola University Newsroom

Print this page

Faculty members in A & S, Music invested with professorships

Loyola press release - February 21, 2005

Loyola University New Orleans hosted an investiture ceremony on February 16 where the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Music honored their faculty with endowed professorships.

Professors in the College of Arts and Sciences who were invested are Professor of Physics Carl H. Brans as the Rev. James C. Carter, S.J., Distinguished Professorship in Theoretical Physics; Chair and Professor of English Mary McCay as the Moon and Verna S. Landrieu Distinguished Teaching Professorship in Arts and Sciences; and Professor of Biological Sciences Paul Barnes as the Rev. John H. Mullahy, S.J., Eminent Scholar Chair in Environmental Biology.

Professors in the College of Music who were invested are Professor Dean Angeles as the Rita O. Huntsinger Distinguished Professorship in Music; Associate Professor and Director of Choral Activities Margaret Hulley Frazier as the Francisco M. Gozalez, M.D., Distinguished Professorship in Music; Professor and Coordinator of Jazz Studies John Mahoney as the RosaMary Foundation Distinguished Professorship in Music; and John Snyder as the Conrad N. Hilton Eminent Scholar Chair in Music Industry Studies.

Professorships and chairs are funded with private and public funds. Universities raise 60 percent or $60,000 for a professorship and $600,000 for a chair. The state of Louisiana awards the remaining 40 percent.

agario nişantaşı escort escort bologna esenyurt escort bayan agario play maltepe ikinci el eşya Türkçe altyazılı porno bahis siteleri a99.io agario unblocked agario agario agario Tipobet