Jesuit Center presents Lenten spirituality series with Fr. Jerry Fagin
Loyola announcement - February 24, 2003
The Rev. Jerry Fagin, S.J., associate professor of Theology, City College, will lead a series of five 45-minute presentations about St. Ignatius and his spirituality during Lent. The presentations will be followed by questions and discussion.
The group will meet at 12:30 p.m., during the window, on five successive Thursdays during Lent: March 13, 20, 27, April 3 and 10. The groups meeting in March will be in the Audubon Room. Multi Media Room 1, in the Monroe Library, will be the location of the April meetings. A light lunch will be provided.
Topics for the five presentations are:
· March 13: A Dream Born, Purified and Confirmed. Three key moments in the life of Ignatius: Loyola, Cardoner, and LaStorta.
· March 20: The nature and purpose of the Spiritual Exercises and the insights and graces of the “Principle and Foundation.”
· March 27: Liberation, Discipleship and Being with Jesus in Suffering and Joy: The dynamics and graces of the four weeks of the Spiritual Exercises.
· April 3: The Key Meditations of the Spiritual Exercises: The Call of the King, the Two Standards, the Contemplation on Divine Love.
· April 10: Ignatian Discernment and Decision-Making.
Contact Fr. Si Hendry, director of the Jesuit Center, at 865-2305, for additional information.