Loyola to host Homecoming Weekend 2002
Loyola press release - October 1, 2002
(New Orleans)—Loyola University New Orleans will host Homecoming Weekend on October 25-27, 2002. During the weekend, the university will celebrate its ninetieth anniversary and also recognize the undergraduate classes of 1952, 1957, 1962, 1967, 1972, 1977, 1982, 1987, 1992, and 1997. Listed below is the schedule of events:
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25
- Golden Wolves Reception – Honoring the 50th reunion of the class of 1952
10 a.m. Audubon Room, Danna Center
Alumni Luncheon – Presentation of the 2002-03 Adjutor Hominum Award to Felix Gaudin, A’54, G’63.
Noon St. Charles Room, Danna Center
- Book signing and meet the authors, Mary Lou Widmer, A’45 and Joan Garvey, A’50
Louisiana: The First 300 Years; and Beautiful Crescent, A History of New Orleans
2 - 3 p.m. Loyola Bookstore, Danna Center
- President’s 90th Anniversary Premier Party hosted by Rev. Bernard P. Knoth, S. J.
6 - 8 p.m. Dixon Court, Communications/Music Complex
8 p.m. Premiere of film “Loyola: 90 Years of Excellence”
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26
- Children’s Wolf Pup Storytelling Hour
10 a.m. Monroe Library
- Athletics Alumni Reunion
6:30 - 10 p.m. Recreational Sports Complex
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 27
- Reunion Weekend Mass with a special blessing for Loyola married couples
10:30 a.m. Ignatius Chapel, Bobet Hall first floor
Encore Screening of “Loyola: 90 Years of Excellence”
Noon Multimedia Room II, Monroe Library
Homecoming events are open to all alumni, and are being held on Loyola’s main campus.
To reserve your place, contact the Office of Alumni and Parent relations at (504) 861-5454 or (800) 798-ALUM. The schedule is listed on Loyola’s web site at alumni.loyno.edu.