Welcome to the Loyola University Newsroom

Print this page

Loyola University New Orleans Moves Up in U.S. News & World Report College Rankings

Loyola press release - August 20, 1999

(New Orleans)ŚLoyola University New Orleans ranked seventh in the category of best regional universities in the South in the 13th annual Americaĺs Best Colleges issue and guidebook published by U.S. News & World Report. This year Loyola moves up to seventh place after three consecutive years of being number eight.

For the last nine years, Loyola has retained its position among the top 15 of 123 regional schools in the South. In commenting on this yearĺs ranking, University President Bernard P. Knoth, S.J., said, "We are pleased to move up one place in the regional rankings. The rankings affirm that we are providing our students with a superior education in the Jesuit tradition. The quality of our student body, our faculty and our staff allows the university to continue to attract exceptionally talented students."

In addition to ranking among the top regional universities in the South, Loyola also ranked 13th in the southern region in the "Great Schools at Great Prices." Yearly tuition at Loyola is $14,140. Sixty-two percent of Loyola students receive grants based on need. "Over the years, Loyola has maintained a reputation as a Ĺbest bargainĺ by keeping the cost of a college education affordable. In fact, Loyolaĺs tuition covers only 70 percent of the educational cost of each student. The remaining 30 percent of the funds comes from philanthropic gifts, endowment growth, and other non-tuition resources," adds Fr. Knoth.

Based on the heritage of Catholic Jesuit higher education in Louisiana since 1849, Loyola University New Orleans was chartered in 1912. Today, the university serves approximately 5,500 undergraduate and graduate students. The university is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.

agario ni┼čanta┼č─▒ escort escort bologna esenyurt escort bayan agario play maltepe ikinci el e┼čya T├╝rk├že altyaz─▒l─▒ porno bahis siteleri a99.io agario unblocked agario agario agario Tipobet