Loyola launches centennial website
Loyola press release - February 27, 2012
Loyola University New Orleans has launched a new centennial website, www.loyno.edu/2012, to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the university’s founding.
The web communications team in the Office of Marketing and Communications developed the website over the past four months. Alumni contributed written and video memories about their experiences at Loyola, and photos were gathered from the digitized Wolf yearbook collection in the J. Edgar and Louise S. Monroe Library.
“Our centennial website is full of personal stories and photos showing the enormous impact a Jesuit education can have on its students. Our goal was to show the world that Loyola was and still is a place of innovation, academic achievement and lasting friendships,” said Crystal Forte, web content strategist.
Loyola’s centennial website includes the following:
- Official event information
- Photos of Loyola from the past 100 years
- Videos of alumni talking about their experiences at Loyola
- Written testimonials from alumni, faculty and staff about their memories of Loyola along with a form to enable those who haven’t yet shared their memories to do so.
- List of university milestones from the past 100 years
- History of the university
- Overview of Loyola’s direction for the future
For 100 years, Loyola University New Orleans has helped shape the lives of our students, as well as the history of New Orleans and the world, through educating men and women in the Jesuit tradition of academic excellence. Our more than 40,000 graduates serve as catalysts for change in their communities as they exemplify the ethical and values-laden education they received at Loyola.
LoyNews is an e-newswire produced by the Loyola University New Orleans Office of Public Affairs. LoyNews is distributed weekly to local, regional and national news media outlets, communicating the latest news and accomplishments of the university and its community.