Loyola at a Glance
Loyola hosts second annual Economic and Real Estate Forecast
October 5, 2012
The Loyola University New Orleans College of Business, in conjunction with the New Orleans Metropolitan Association of REALTORS®, the Commercial Investment Division, and the Louisiana Chapter of the Certified Commercial Investment Member Institute will host the second annual Economic and Real Estate Forecast. It takes place in Louis J. Roussel Performance Hall in the Communications/Music Complex on Tuesday, Oct. 16 beginning at 8:30 a.m. The event is open to the public, and tickets are available for $45 in advance and $55 at the door on the day of the event. Advanced registration is available. Attendees can earn up to eight hours of continuing education credit for attending the full day or four hours credit for attending either morning or afternoon sessions.
Conference speakers will offer insight and forecasts on the future of the market and the role the housing market plays in the local and national economy.
The morning session will feature national, regional and local economists and a panel of award-winning commercial and residential real estate agents and brokers, including:
- Lawrence Yun, chief economist & senior vice president of research, the National Association of REALTORS®
- Mark Romig, CEO, New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation
- Michael Hecht, president and CEO, GNO, Inc.
- Ashton Ryan, Jr., president and CEO, First NBC
- Barrett Blaum, relationship manager, Whitney Bank
- Wade Ragas, Ph.D., president of Real Property Associates, UNO emeritus professor of finance
The afternoon session, the Commercial Development Conference, hosted by Louisiana REALTORS® from 1:30 – 5:30 p.m., will present valuable perspectives by the industry’s commercial real estate experts. It will feature panels on community development and a green panel, “Louisiana’s Environmental Challenges,” featuring Loyola’s Bob Thomas, Ph.D., professor, director and chair of Environmental Communication.
Other presenters include:
- Allison Plyer, chief demographer and deputy director, Greater New Orleans Community Data Center
- Allen Eskew, principal, Eskew+Dumez+Ripple
- David Waggoner, FAIA, principal, Waggoner and Ball Architects
- Camille Manning-Broome, director of planning, Center for Planning Excellence
- Stephen Picou, agent, LSU AgCenter
For more information, please contact Bob Stevens at 504-427-8176 or email@example.com.
Loyola at a Glance is written and distributed for the faculty, staff, students and friends of Loyola University New Orleans. It is published by the Office of Public Affairs, Greenville Hall, Box 909, 7214 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70118. (504) 861-5888.
Information to be included in Loyola at a Glance must be received 2-3 weeks in advance of the publication date. Send us your news here.