Loyola at a Glance
Registration underway for Family Weekend 2012
September 7, 2012
Loyola University New Orleans opens its doors to students' family and friends for the university’s annual Family Weekend, to be held Sept. 28-30.
Family Weekend allows students and families to reconnect after the beginning of a new academic year and enables families to experience Loyola as their loved ones do.
The weekend is organized by the Office of Student Affairs and begins on Friday with a welcome reception featuring local foods, performances by student musicians and opportunities to meet Loyola administration, faculty and staff. Throughout the weekend, families will have the opportunity to participate in a number of activities and events including:
- Shadow Your Student to Class - Experience Loyola academics by accompanying students through their class schedule.
- NolaLoyola, “Beats of the Streets: The Brass Brand Tradition in New Orleans,” an all-day event featuring lectures, food and performances by the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Loyola Faculty Jazz Band and the Young Tuxedo Brass Band.
- Daily and Vigil Mass - Join members of the Loyola community to celebrate a daily mass in St. Ignatius Chapel on Friday, and a Saturday vigil mass in Holy Name of Jesus Church.
- Study Abroad Fair - Meet Loyola faculty who host study abroad programs and learn about exciting cultural programs.
- Fun, Facts and Fables - Learn about three centuries of life in the Big Easy as a professional guide leads you on a memorable bus tour through historic New Orleans.
- PRISM Concert - View Loyola’s major music ensembles in Louis J. Roussel Performance Hall, presented by the College of Music and Fine Arts.
The event-filled weekend will conclude on Sunday at 10 a.m. with a farewell brunch featuring a jazz band. To view the entire schedule or to register for the weekend, visit Loyola’s Family Weekend website. Registration is required; students and children under 6 receive free admission. Registration for children ages 7-12 is $20, and all other family/friends ages 13 and up cost $75 per person for the entire weekend.
For more information on Family Weekend, contact Seth Hagler, assistant director of Residential Life, at 504-865-2445 or email@example.com.
Loyola at a Glance is written and distributed for the faculty, staff, students and friends of Loyola University New Orleans. It is published by the Office of Public Affairs, Greenville Hall, Box 909, 7214 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70118. (504) 861-5888.
Information to be included in Loyola at a Glance must be received 2-3 weeks in advance of the publication date. Send us your news here.