Loyola at a Glance
Biology department hosts career seminars
September 23, 2011
The Department of Biological Sciences at Loyola University New Orleans will host a series of career seminars featuring prominent regional scientists.
All of the seminars, scheduled throughout the fall, take place at 12:30 p.m., in Room 157 of Monroe Hall, and are free and open to the public.
- Sept. 29 – “Succeeding in Medical School,” presented by F. Scott Kennedy, Ph.D., dean of admissions, LSU School of Medicine in Shreveport
- Oct. 6 – “Medical Student Life,” presented by Sam McClugage, Ph.D., dean of admissions, LSU School of Medicine in New Orleans
- Oct. 20 – “Army Fellowships to Support Health, Ecological, Sociological and Psychological Graduate Programs,” presented by Army Sgt. Mark Zinter
- Oct. 27 – “Osteopathic Medicine in the South,” presented by James Weir, Ph.D., dean of admissions, William Carey School of Osteopathy in Hattiesburg, Miss.
- Nov. 3 – “Opportunities in Dentistry,” presented by John Ritchie, Ph.D., dean of admissions, LSU School of Dentistry in New Orleans
For information on the career seminars, contact Letitia Beard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-865-2768.
Loyola at a Glance is written and distributed for the faculty, staff, students and friends of Loyola University New Orleans. It is published by the Office of Public Affairs, Greenville Hall, Box 909, 7214 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70118. (504) 861-5888.
Information to be included in Loyola at a Glance must be received 2-3 weeks in advance of the publication date. Send us your news here.