Loyola at a Glance
CLE program at College of Law announces fall slate
September 2, 2011
The Institute for Continuing Legal Education at the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law has announced its fall 2011 schedule with a variety of programs, from informal Saturday morning sessions on campus to estate planning conferences held downtown, and online courses.
The CLE’s annual Back to School series is held on Saturday mornings at 9 a.m. in the College of Law. The fee for each is $80 for the general public or $65 for Loyola law alumni and government/nonprofit employees. The series includes:
- 2011 Legislative Update, Sept. 17
- Social Security Disability on the Cutting-Edge of Technology, Oct. 15
- Simple Estate Planning and Successions: Tips, Tactics and Updates for the General Practitioner, Oct. 29
- Intellectual Property for the Non-IP Practitioner: Pitfalls, Perspectives and Pointers, Nov. 5
- Fundamentals of Forensic Literacy, Nov. 12
- Professionalism in an Adversarial Process and Let’s Play the Game of Ethics, Dec. 10
Other conferences are held at the Pan American Life Center, 601 Poydras Street in New Orleans (unless otherwise noted). Click on each for individual fees. They include:
- A Day with the Department of Labor, Sept. 28
- Essential Issues Affecting Corporate Attorneys and In-house Counsel, Oct. 21, Hilton St. Charles, 333 St. Charles Ave.
- Practical Applications of Federal and State Rules of Evidence in a Courtroom Setting, Nov. 18
- Annual Estate Planning Conference, Dec. 1-2
- Annual Family Law Conference, Dec. 8-9
- Annual Longshore Conference, March 15-16, 2012, Sheraton Hotel, 500 Canal St.
Loyola’s CLE has also partnered with Periaktos Productions to bring Louisiana attorneys online courses. Click on each for individual fees. They include:
- The Art of Advocacy—What Can Lawyers Learn From Actors?, Sept. 7 and Dec. 7
- Impeach Justice Douglas!, Sept. 28
- Thurgood Marshall is Coming!, Oct. 19, Dec. 14
- Clarence Darrow: Crimes, Causes and the Courtroom, Nov. 16, Dec. 28
- Maxims, Monarchy and Sir Thomas More, Nov. 30
- Lincoln on Professionalism, Dec. 21
Loyola at a Glance is written and distributed for the faculty, staff, students and friends of Loyola University New Orleans. It is published by the Office of Public Affairs, Greenville Hall, Box 909, 7214 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70118. (504) 861-5888.
Information to be included in Loyola at a Glance must be received 2-3 weeks in advance of the publication date. Send us your news here.