Loyola at a Glance
The Wolfpack is in the house at this year's JazzFest
April 29, 2011
Be sure to mark your 2011 New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival calendars to catch these Loyola University New Orleans folks in action:
- Friday, April 29, 11:20 a.m., WWOZ Jazz Tent – The Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz Ensemble
- Friday, April 29, 4:25 p.m., Gospel Tent, Shades of Praise, directed by Michael Cowan, executive director of Common Good
- Sunday, May 1, 12:45 p.m., People’s Health Economy Hall Tent – New Leviathan Oriental Foxtrot Orchestra, with Loyola staff member Bob Gross, director of planned giving
- Sunday, May 1, 2 p.m., WWOZ Jazz Tent, Astral Project, with jazz professor Tony Dagradi
- Thursday, May 5, 11:15 a.m., WWOZ Jazz Tent – Loyola University Jazz Ensemble, directed by jazz professor John Mahoney
- Thursday, May 5, 2:40 p.m., Gospel Tent – Biology department assistant Lyle Henderson and Emmanu-EL
- Thursday, May 5, 2:55 p.m., Lagniappe Stage – John Rankin, instructor of classical guitar
- Saturday, May 7, 1:20 p.m., WWOZ Jazz Tent – Baritone Bliss featuring Tony Dagradi, Loyola jazz professor, with Roger Lewis, Tim Green, Calvin Johnson, Dan Oestricher, Mari Watanabe and Herlin Riley
For more information, contact Sean Snyder in Loyola’s Office of Public Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 504-861-5882.
Loyola at a Glance is written and distributed for the faculty, staff, students and friends of Loyola University New Orleans. It is published by the Office of Public Affairs, Greenville Hall, Box 909, 7214 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70118. (504) 861-5888.
Information to be included in Loyola at a Glance must be received 2-3 weeks in advance of the publication date. Send us your news here.