Loyola at a Glance
Marketing and Communications team wins education awards
March 4, 2011
Last week, Loyola University New Orleans’ Office of Marketing and Communications was recognized for excellence in its work during an annual awards ceremony for the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education. The event capped the CASE Fusion Conference for Districts Three and Four which was held Feb. 19-22 at the downtown New Orleans Marriott.
Receiving Awards of Excellence were:
- Loyola’s Experts Guide (Media Relations Projects) - Terrell Fisher '76, marketing and communications associate vice president; Meredith Hartley, public affairs director; Allee Parker, creative services director; Catherine Koppel, former public affairs associate director; James Shields, communications coordinator; Sean Snyder, communications manager; and Harold Baquet, university photographer.
- Loyola at a Glance 2009 President’s Annual Report (Annual Reports) - Jennifer Schlotbom '00, director of publications and marketing; Ray Willhoft '00, publications editor; Fisher, Parker, and Baquet.
- Loyola Loyal - Office of Annual Giving’s 2010 Faculty/Staff Solicitation (Fundraising) - Shon Cowan Baker, parent development officer, and Parker.
Winning Special Merit Awards were:
- Loyola’s Response to the BP/Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill (Public Affairs Total Programs) - Hartley.
- Redesign of Loyola’s homepage (Homepage Design and Implementation)- Jacee Brown, web communications director; Niall Doherty, former web designer; Crystal Forte '03, MBA '10, web content editor; Katherine Massimini, web content editor; Andy Forester, web programmer; and Jon Booth, web programmer.
- Crude Awakening Oil Spill Response Website, (Electronic Newsletters, Blogs and Tabloids) - Hartley, Snyder, Shields, Brown, Doherty, Forte, Massimini, Forester and Booth.
“Having my staff honored for their work by our higher education peers is exciting and much appreciated,” said Fisher. “We work hard to be among the forefront of peers in our marketing and communications efforts for the university, and it is always nice to be recognized as such.”
Loyola at a Glance is written and distributed for the faculty, staff, students and friends of Loyola University New Orleans. It is published by the Office of Public Affairs, Greenville Hall, Box 909, 7214 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70118. (504) 861-5888.
Information to be included in Loyola at a Glance must be received 2-3 weeks in advance of the publication date. Send us your news here.