Loyola at a Glance
Black History Month celebration continues
February 18, 2011
Loyola University New Orleans’ Black Student Union, along with the Office of Student Affairs, will celebrate Black History Month with a series of musical performances, field trips and lectures.
For more information on all events, contact Alexie Gaddis at 404-849-7957 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, Feb. 19
- Thinkfast Quiz Competition: Black History Month Edition
9 p.m., St. Charles Room. Sponsored by Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
Tuesday, Feb. 22
- Food for Thought: Modern African American Culture - Lisa Martin, Instructor of Communication/Director of the Center for Intercultural Understanding
12:30 p.m., Manresa Den, PB&J sandwiches will be provided by SGA.
- The N-Word and its Place in the Modern World - Discussion Panel
7 p.m., Audubon Room. Co-Sponsored by the National Pan-Hellenic Council.
Friday, Feb. 25
- Black Voices Featuring Shihan (HBO Def Jam Poet)
8 p.m., Marquette Theater.
Saturday, Feb. 26
- Everything 80s Party: A Unity Trip Fundraiser
10 p.m. – 2 a.m., St. Charles Room, Danna Student Center. $5 with 80s gear, $8 without.
Sunday, Feb. 27
- Mass, Visit to the Tomb of the Unknown Slave, and Brunch
St. Augustine’s Catholic Church of New Orleans. Transportation provided. Bus departs from the turnaround at 9:30 a.m., outside the entrance of Carrollton Hall.
Loyola at a Glance is written and distributed for the faculty, staff, students and friends of Loyola University New Orleans. It is published by the Office of Public Affairs, Greenville Hall, Box 909, 7214 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70118. (504) 861-5888.
Information to be included in Loyola at a Glance must be received 2-3 weeks in advance of the publication date. Send us your news here.