Loyola at a Glance
CLE program at College of Law announces fall slate
October 1, 2010
The Institute for Continuing Legal Education at the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law has announced its fall 2010 schedule with a variety of programs, from informal Saturday morning sessions on campus to estate planning conferences held downtown, and online courses.
The CLE’s annual Back to School series is held on Saturday mornings in the College of Law. The fee for each is $75 for the general public or $60 for Loyola law alumni and government/nonprofit employees. The series includes:
- Handling the Personal Injury Case from A to Z - A Brief Overview, Oct. 16, 9 a.m.
- Drafting Corporate Documents, Oct. 23, 9 a.m.
- Jailhouse Lawyers! An Introduction to Criminal Law, Nov. 6, 9 a.m.
- The Ethics of a Paperless Practice and are We Having Fun Yet? Professionalism and Law Satisfaction, Dec. 11, 9 a.m.
Other conferences are held at the Pan American Life Center, 601 Poydras Street in New Orleans. Click on each for individual fees. They include:
- Social Security Disability: Preparing for the Hearing, Oct. 15, 8:25 a.m.
- Practical Applications of Rules of Evidence in the Courtroom Setting, Oct. 29, 8:30 a.m.
- Federal Civil Procedure: Navigating the Mine Fields and Avoiding the Pitfalls, Nov. 11, 9 a.m.
- Annual Estate Planning Conference, Dec. 2-3, 8:30 a.m.
- Annual Family Law Conference, Dec. 9-10, 8:30 a.m.
Loyola’s CLE has also partnered with Periaktos Productions to bring Louisiana attorneys online courses that include “Thurgood Marshall’s Coming!” and “Clarence Darrow: Crimes, Causes and the Courtroom.”
“Earn ethics and professionalism credit online while enjoying dramatic and thought provoking theatrical productions from the comfort of your own home or office,” says Lana Corll, director of CLE.
Loyola at a Glance is written and distributed for the faculty, staff, students and friends of Loyola University New Orleans. It is published by the Office of Public Affairs, Greenville Hall, Box 909, 7214 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70118. (504) 861-5888.
Information to be included in Loyola at a Glance must be received 2-3 weeks in advance of the publication date. Send us your news here.