Loyola at a Glance
Loyola baseball announces recruiting class
August 20, 2010
Loyola University New Orleans head baseball coach Gerald Cassard announced the addition of nine student-athletes to join the Wolfpack for the 2010-11 academic year.
Cassard continues to sign local talent with eight signees coming from Louisiana. The additions include two right-handed pitchers, two infielders, four outfielders, and a utility player. Loyola is looking to replace four key position players as well as a starting pitcher.
The members of the recruiting class are:
- Greg Bellelo (IF, freshman, Baton Rouge, La./ Catholic-B.R.)
- Philip Cazayoux (OF, freshman, New Roads, La./ Catholic-Pointe Coupee)
- Karson Cullins (OF, freshman, Baton Rouge, La./Catholic-B.R.)
- Chad Guidry (OF, junior, River Ridge, La./ Jesuit/ Delgado)
- Garrett Lacour (OF, freshman, Baton Rouge, La./ The Dunham School)
- Zach Marine (RHP, freshman, Pound Ridge, N.Y./ Fox Lane)
- Logan Peterson (RHP/IF, freshman, Mandeville, La./Fontainebleau)
- Brandon Snow (IF, freshman, Marrero, La./ Shaw)
- Evan Turkish (INF/OF, junior, New Orleans, La./ Newman/ College of Charleston)
Loyola opens up the 2011 season on Jan. 29 at Segnette Field with a four-game series against Brescia University.
Subscribe to all the latest Wolfpack news at:
Become a fan of Wolfpack Athletics on Facebook at:
Loyola at a Glance is written and distributed for the faculty, staff, students and friends of Loyola University New Orleans. It is published by the Office of Public Affairs, Greenville Hall, Box 909, 7214 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70118. (504) 861-5888.
Information to be included in Loyola at a Glance must be received 2-3 weeks in advance of the publication date. Send us your news here.