Loyola at a Glance
Music and fine arts performances now available via live webcast
April 24, 2009
Loyola University New Orleans has begun live webcasting of select College of Music and Fine Arts performances, providing access to the events to viewers from around the world. Under the guidance of John Snyder, the Conrad N. Hilton Eminent Scholar and chair of Music Industry Studies, and Artist House Music, the CMFA launched its first live webcast with the Loyola Symphony Orchestra concert on Saturday, April 18.
The webcasts are produced by the Center for Music and Arts Entrepreneurship, which provide video production, in conjunction with the Roussel Hall production crew and the student entrepreneurship recording studio, Nola Sound.
“The launch of these types of webcasts is a major step forward for this college,” said Snyder. “Very few colleges, if any, offer this type of service to its community. This type of media will showcase our high caliber performances to a larger audience and will further brand the college as a leader in higher education.”
In addition to live content, the new webcasting capabilities will also allow viewers to watch past Loyola performances on demand. Video selections include opera, symphony and jazz performances, concerts, masterclasses, forums and faculty interviews. This content can be viewed anytime by using the video player’s on-demand feature.
To view live webcasts and the on-demand video library, visit the CMFA website at http://cmfa.loyno.edu/montage/webcast.
Upcoming live webcasts events:
- Loyola Ballet Spring Performance – Friday, April 24, 8 p.m.
- Loyola Choirs Concert – Sunday, April 26, 7:30 p.m.
- Music Industry Studies Forum with guest Harold Battiste - Monday, April 27, 5 p.m.
- Loyola Opera Theatre Presents Henry Purcell's "Dido and Aeneas"– Monday, April 27, 7:30 p.m.
- The Complete Prokofiev Piano Sonata Series, Part 3, featuring Loyola professor and pianist John Murphy – Tuesday, April 28, 7:30 p.m.
- Loyola String Orchestra and Small String Ensembles – Wednesday, April 29, 7 p.m.
Loyola at a Glance is written and distributed for the faculty, staff, students and friends of Loyola University New Orleans. It is published by the Office of Public Affairs, Greenville Hall, Box 909, 7214 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70118. (504) 861-5888.
Information to be included in Loyola at a Glance must be received 2-3 weeks in advance of the publication date. Send us your news here.