Loyola at a Glance
College of Law offers public service assistance presentations
January 16, 2009
The Office of Career Services within the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law presents, “Navigating Your Public Interest Financial Path: Loan Forgiveness, Fellowships, and Other Resources,” on Saturday, Jan. 31, 7:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., in the College of Law building, 526 Pine Street, 4th floor.
The forum will include several presentations and is targeted to anyone who works or plans to work in a public service or government position. The event will also include a luncheon with a guest speaker.
Topics and speakers include:
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs,” presented by Bill Quigley, director, Stuart H. Smith Law Clinic and Center for Social Justice, Loyola University New Orleans College of Law.
- “The New Federal Student Loan Repayment Law,” presented by Heather Wells Jarvis, Esq., Equal Justice Works, Washington, D.C.
- “Postgraduate Fellowships and Funding Resources,” presented by Steven L. Grumm, Esq., director, Public Service Initiatives, National Association of Law Placement.
- “Debt Management,” presented by Jeffrey E. Hanson, Ph.D., director, Borrower Education Services for Access Group, Inc.
- “Louisiana Legal Service Initiatives,” presented by Monte T. Mollere, Esq., director, Access to Justice Program, Louisiana State Bar Association.
- “Louisiana Loan Forgiveness and Funding Resources,” presented by Kathleen E. McNelis, Esq., outreach coordinator and Kevin B. Murphy, M.P.A., grants coordinator, Louisiana Bar Foundation.
This event is open to the public, but pre-registration is required for all attendees. Loyola students, faculty and staff as well as public interest attorneys will be admitted free of charge.
Students outside of Loyola may attend the program at no cost, but will be charged $15 to attend the luncheon. The early registration fee for all other non-students is $35 ($20 for the program and $15 for the luncheon and guest speaker). Registration at the door is $50.
To register, please contact Vanassa Douglas or Pam Occhipinti in the Office of Career Services at the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law at 861-5434 or 861-5645.
The program is sponsored by the following areas within the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law: Office of Career Services, Office of Financial Aid, Public Interest Law Group, Student Bar Association, Stuart H. Smith Law Clinic and Center for Social Justice and the Gillis Long Poverty Law Center.
Loyola at a Glance is written and distributed for the faculty, staff, students and friends of Loyola University New Orleans. It is published by the Office of Public Affairs, Greenville Hall, Box 909, 7214 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70118. (504) 861-5888.
Information to be included in Loyola at a Glance must be received 2-3 weeks in advance of the publication date. Send us your news here.