Lindy Boggs National Center for Community Literacy
The Mission of the Lindy Boggs National Center for Community Literacy is to promote adult literacy as a vehicle for personal, economic, and community empowerment. The Center will accomplish this by:
- serving as a catalyst in the local community to strengthen adult literacy
- providing professional development, technical assistance, evaluation support, and networking opportunities to organizations devoted to increasing adult literacy
- creating and maintaining an information services network for local, state, national, and international providers focused on the relationship between adult literacy, racism and poverty
- developing and implementing a community-based research agenda focused on the impact of racism and poverty on adult literacy
- fostering service-learning opportunities for Loyola students and faculty
Through the development of community partnerships, the provision of convenient access to up-to-date resources for providers, and the systematic pursuit of community-based research, the Boggs Center will seek to embody and strengthen Loyola University's commitment to social justice.