Summer Session in London
July 3 - August 3, 2006
This Page: Application|Activities|Meals|Further Information |Useful London Links
Previous Page: Faculty|Cost|Financial Aid | Airfare|Lodging| Courses | Eligibility
There are daily outings in London: museum and historic site visits, at least six plays, a couple of restaurant visits, and walks to Portobello Road and Camden Markets and other venues of interest, such as the Tower of London, St Paul's Cathedral, the Globe Theater, Trafalgar Square, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace. London's many museums include the British Museum, the Tate Gallery, the National Gallery and National Portrait Gallery.
above: View from the London Eye, World's largest ferris wheel.
above: Oxford High St. from St.Mary's church tower.
above: Boat trip on Regents Canal in Central London en route to Camden Market.
Board is not included in the price, but each flat has an equipped kitchen, and a number of supermarkets are nearby, as well as a wide variety of eateries. Several dining experiences are part of the program.
The Theatre Scene
above: The newly rebuilt Globe Theatre in London.
2004 participants saw the following plays:What's on Stage is a comprehensive on-line guide to theatre in London
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum - Stephen Soundheim Mamma Mia, a musical Oleanna - starring Julia Stiles Romeo and Juliet - William Shakespeare Suddenly Last Summer - Tennessee Williams (starring Diana Rigg) The History Boys
Admission to all plays is included in the the cost of the program.
For Further Information:
Dr. William M. Hammel
Campus Box 219 Loyola University 6363 St Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70118-6195
(504) 865-3288 or 865-3431
e-mail: email@example.comUSEFUL LONDON LINKS:
In addition there are weekly day trips, including Bath, Blenheim Palace & Oxford, Warwick Castle & Stratford-upon-Avon, and Hampton Court Palace.
Transportation and admission to all the above attractions are included.
Learn to speak your native language: WWW guides to the Queen's English
- Welcome to the United Kingdom Tourism London Guide
- Virtual London - The London Web Site
- Albemarle of London's West End Theatre Guide - what's on in London Theater
- The British Monarchy (Official Website)
- Tower of London
- Welcome to the Tate Gallery
- Welcome to The National Gallery London
- BRITISH MUSEUM welcome
- Victoria & Albert Museum home page
- St Pauls Cathedral On Line
- Westminster Abbey - Place of Worship and House of Kings
- Bath UK CitySite travel guide
- Oxford Information - A Walking Tour of Oxford
- Shakespeare's Stratford on the Web - Stratford-upon-Avon in Shakespeare Country
- Hampton Court Palace - home of Henry VIII
- London Transport Home Page - including how to use the Underground
- What's on Stage? - Comprehensive guide to British theatre
Top of this page | Main London Program Page
Note: Loyola University New Orleans reserves the right to cancel this program and refund any deposits.
Return to International Programs and Resources | Loyola University New Orleans Homepage
This page was last updated on 10/7/04 by Laurin Jacobsen