Rankings + Honors
We rate great.
U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2014
- Ranked for the last 23 years among the Top 10 Southern regional schools by U.S. News & World Report.
- Loyola’s service learning initiatives are recognized among the top 25 in the nation.
- Ranked 9th Best Regional University in the South and ranked #9 in their Great Schools, Great Prices category.
- Listed as a top regional A-Plus Schools for B Students.
The Princeton Review 2014
- Loyola was named by The Princeton Review in its 2014 Best 378 Colleges list.
- Loyola ranked in the Top 10 in the nation for “Lots of Race/Class Interaction” and for best “Town-Gown Relations,” which gauges how well students get along with members of the local community.
- Loyola ranked #13 for “Easiest Campus to Get Around” and #17 for “Best Quality of Life”.
- The J. Edgar and Louise S. Monroe Library rated #19 for Best College Library.
- Loyola's College of Business ranked among the nation's Best Business Schools.
- Selected as a 2013-2014 College of Distinction by the online guide for college-bound students, counselors, and parents.
- Ranked #34 for undergraduate participation in study abroad programs for those universities ranked as a Top 40 Master’s Institution by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education by the Institute for International Education and the U.S. Department of State.
- Named a 2012 Best Value Private College by Kiplinger's Personal Finance.
- Named a Best Buy in the Fiske Guide to Colleges 2012.
- College of Law’s moot court program was ranked as a top 10 advocacy programs in the country by The National Jurist.
- Ranked in the Top 10 Online Master of Science in Nursing Degree Programs in 2012 by TheBestColleges.org.
- The Carnegie Foundation recognized Loyola in 2010 for its community engagement and long tradition of partnering with and reaching out to its wider community, one of only 311 since 2006.
- Rated A for our safety record and listed as one of the safest universities in the country by Reader's Digest in 2013.
- Ranked #15 nationwide among master’s universities for the number of graduates who go on to successfully receive doctoral degrees and # 35 nationwide for the number of alumni who join the Peace Corps by Washington Monthly.
- Our Criminal Justice Administration online degree program is ranked #11 in the country by TheBestSchools.org.
- For five consecutive years (2009 – 2013), Loyola’s Wolf Pack Athletics Program has been named a prestigious NAIA Champions of Character Five Star Institution, recognized for excellence in integrity, respect, sportsmanship and leadership.
- BestCollege.org ranks our Online Master of Science in Nursing degree program among the nation’s best
- Our Criminal Justice Administration online degree program is ranked #11 in the country by TheBestSchools.org, a leading higher education/career website in 2013
- For five consecutive years (2009 – 2013), Loyola’s Wolf Pack Athletics Program has been named a prestigious NAIA Champions of Character Five Star Institution, recognized for excellence in integrity, respect, sportsmanship and leadership
- Designated as a 2013-14 College of Distinction by the online guide for college-bound students, counselors and parents, the only Louisiana university selected this year
- The Institute of International Education ranked Loyola among the top 40 master’s institutions in the nation for undergraduate participation in study abroad programs; 35 percent of our undergraduates study abroad