Rankings + Honors
We rate great.
U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked for the last 22 years among the Top 10 Southern regional schools by U.S.News & World Report.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked Loyola’s service learning initiatives among the top 27 in the nation in the 2013 edition of America's Best Colleges.
- Ranked in the top five Regional Universities of the South with students who owe the least amount of debt upon graduation in the 2013 edition of America's Best Colleges.
- Ranked 9th Best Regional University in the South in the 2013 edition of America's Best Colleges by U.S.News & World Report and ranked #9 U.S.News & World Report's Great Schools, Great Prices category.
- Listed as an A-Plus Schools for B Students in the 2013 edition of America's Best Colleges.
- Loyola ranked #1 for “Lots of Race/Class Interaction” in Princeton Review’s 2012 Best 377 Colleges list and selected for its "Best in the Southeast" website feature and "2012 Best Colleges: Region by Region."
- The J. Edgar and Louise S. Monroe Library rated as a Top Ten College Library for five consecutive years.
- Loyola ranked #15 for “Easiest Campus to Get Around” and #17 for best “Town-Gown Relations” in 2011.
- Cited in Princeton Review's annual list of the Best 377 Colleges in 2012. In the same list, the College of Social Sciences was named one of the Great Schools for Communications Majors and Great Schools for Journalism Majors in 2008.
- Princeton Review ranked the College of Business among the nation's Best Business Schools for 2012.
- Ranked #34 for undergraduate participation in study abroad programs for those universities ranked as a Top 40 Master’s Institution by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education by the Institute for International Education and the U.S. Department of State.
- Named a 2011-2012 Best Value Private College by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Named a Best Buy in the Fiske Guide to Colleges 2012.
- Ranked #26 by Washington Monthly as a Top Colleges That Give Back To Communities in 2011
- The College of Law moot court program was ranked one of the top 10 advocacy programs in the country in the September 2011 edition of The National Jurist
- Ranked 119 in the South and 336 in Forbes Magazine's list of America's Top Colleges in 2011.
- Ranked in the Top 10 Online Master of Science in Nursing Degree Programs in 2011-2012 by TheBestColleges.org.
- The Carnegie Foundation recognized Loyola in 2010 for its community engagement and long tradition of partnering with and reaching out to its wider community
- J. Edgar and Louise S. Monroe Library ranked in 2010 by CampusGrotto.com in Top 25 Most Beautiful College Libraries.
- 2007 and 2009 Gulf Coast Athletic Conference Women's Basketball Champions.
- Rated A for our safety record and listed as one of the safest universities in the country by Reader's Digest in 2013.
- Rated A+ for standard long-term and underlying rating on issued bonds by Standard & Poor's.
- Named to the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for community service activities during the 2006–2007 academic year.