Your Financial Aid Package - Graduate Students
Information for Entering Graduate and Professional Students
Before you make a final decision about the college you will attend, you need to CAREFULLY review the financial aid packages that you receive from each school so that you understand what aid is being offered and what expenses will need to be covered by you.
- Verification Requirements for Federal Aid Programs
- Federal Student Aid Penalties for Drug Convictions
Information About Your Financial Aid Package
Renewal Requirements for Federal Loans
- Students must annually complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Students must also maintain"satisfactory academic progress" towards completing their degree objectives
- Federal Student Aid At A Glance
Renewal Requirements for Institutional Scholarships (Law and the College of Music and Fine Arts)
- Check with your dean to make sure you understand the renewal requirements for your scholarship.
Policy on "Other Aid":
If you are participating in any "need-based" institutional, federal or state "need-based aid program, you must report any other aid that you are receiving to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
How Much Does It Cost to Attend Loyola?
Families need to carefully look at the estimated "cost of attendance" for the academic year as they will be responsible for meeting the difference between the cost and all aid received. Keep in mind that your aid package may not cover all of your costs during the academic year. We have information posted to help students learn how to responsibly manage their money while in school.
- Cost of Attendance Comparison Worksheet -use this form to compare costs between up to three schools
- Tuition and Related Charges -
- Saving Money on Textbooks
- Adding Cost of Computer Purchase to the Cost of Attendance
- Adjustments for the required purchase of musical instruments
"How Will I Receive My Aid? When Will I Receive a Bill?"
Information for Students with Outstanding Student Loans
In order to defer payments on any prior student loans, you will need to complete a deferment form and have the Office of Student Records verify your enrollment at Loyola University New Orleans.
The Reconciliation Act of 2010
On March 21, 2010, the U.S. House of Representatives passed the Reconciliation Act of 2010 (H.R. 4872) by a vote of 220-211. This bill makes major changes in several federal student aid programs and now heads to the Senate where further action is expected this week.
- Learn more about our transition to the Direct Loan Program for the 2010-2011 year . No new federal Stafford, PLUS, Grad PLUS or Consolidation Loans may be disbursed through a private lender effective July 1, 2010.
- Currently enrolled students with Federal Stafford, GradPLUS or PLUS loans should pay particular attention to the option to consolidate all of their prior federal loans into a Federal Direct Consolidation Loan between July 1, 2010 and June 30, 2011.
Updated September 15, 2011