Voter Registration Information
President Obama often speaks of his desire to increase the number of citizens who are actively involved in the politcal process. We encourage all students to register to vote. As a Catholic and Jesuit institution, Loyola is committed the cause of social justice. We encourage our students to participate in the electoral process as it is critical in living a life as "men and women for others" who are aware of the needs of under privileged and marginalized populations.
- Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship:A Call to Political Responsibility from the Catholic Bishops of the United States
- Jesuit Social Research Institute - The Jesuit Social Research Institute (JSRI) of Loyola University New Orleans exists to promote research, social analysis, theological reflection, and practical strategies for improving the social and economic conditions in the southern United States and in select parts of the Caribbean and Latin America with a particular focus on issues of race, poverty, and migration.
- Your Vote, Your Voice - The National Campus Voter Registration Project and Your Vote, Your Voice are cooperative efforts of 50 Washington, D.C.-based national higher education associations known collectively as the Washington Higher Education Secretariat.
- Congress.org -Congress.org is a nonpartisan news and information Web site devoted to encouraging civic participation. Their mission is to provide information about public policy issues of the day and tips on effective advocacy so that citizens can make their voices heard.
- "L.O.V.E." - "Let One Voice Emerge" is a non-partisan campaign to reach out to the largest group of non-voters in America — nearly 20 million unmarried women — and to support the important work of The Voter Participation Center .
Social Media Resources:
Updated October 7, 2012