Should You Use Your 401K Plan to Pay Educational Expenses
Families should carefully look at all available financing options before utilizing retirement funds to pay for college expenses.
These articles provide some basic information to consider
- Federal PLUS Loan versus Using 401K Funds for College Costs
- Financing Tuition with Your 401(k) Not Such a Great Idea
- "Should I Use My 401(k) to Fund My Child's College Education?"
- College Planning Mistake #2: Using Your Retirement Funds to Pay for College
- Retirement Plans and Saving for College
Updated December 13, 2011